Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The End is Near

I was trying to think about what I should write and for the first time, I got a little worried about this blog thing. What the hell do people want to hear about if I don't have a sweet Father's Day story or a juicy dig on an unnamed local business? And then it hit me. My weight. People love that shit!! This may be a slightly different angle, though. I tend to post when I have a signifigant weight loss number to report but not so much if I am slipping up.....AND I AM SLIPPING UP!!

When I left for the festival I was at the 47 pound mark in my weight loss journey. After four days of partying, walking, dancing, laughing and laughing some more, I came home at the 52 pound mark. Wasn't that a fun post??!! I love how those blow up!!

I would like to add in here that I hurt my shoulder during roller derby practice on May 14th and have been unable to do yoga or my yoga booty weight routine for the past....wow, five weeks??!! I didn't even realize that until I just counted it out on the calendar right now. The yoga really helps me mentally. I feel happier and more relaxed....and the weights just make me stronger. I am really missing it but every time I try to pull out a downward dog or a pushup, it just hurts too much. So I feel like I have lost something of my edge, mentally.

Obviously I don't appear to be any bigger and obviously I have enough strength to lift big ass bunny cages so I haven't lost much progress physically. I have been jogging, sometimes alot....sometimes not for four days!! Like right now. I haven't jogged for four days. I would be remiss to leave out that I haven't been having my salad for dinner. I have eaten alot of  Tooky Mills and Chuck and Clucks from the Sausage Source because it all tastes so fucking good. Just keepin' it real, here ;)

So the story goes: with leisurely jogging and walking most days plus consuming lots of the wrong calories, I am now back down to 47 pounds total weight loss. Not only have I NOT lost more, I have gained back five pounds. So i weigh the same right now that I weighed a month ago. Lame.

Some of you are probably thinking, "You look great! Don't be so hard on yourself! Live a little! Thats not a big weight gain." I ask you to please stop. I rationalize enough on my own. I can be fairly impressionable. Especially when you are telling my addiction what it wants to hear.

The fact of the matter is that I started this health endeavor knowing that I had at least 75 pounds to lose and I have only lost 47 of those offending pounds. I can't stall out now, after doing almost 2/3 of the work. Time to stop spending money I don't have on take out food....even if it IS my Thursday night with Kathy and I just got paid. Time to strap on my running shoes....even though I lost my ambition after spending twenty minutes looking for clean sweat pants and got frustrated at the unfairness of it all. ;)

In summary, I didn't make lame excuses to eat wrong and exercise less to lose the first fifty pounds. I am sure as hell not going to start now for the last, measly twenty five pounds. The end is near.I need to make one last push for the next 6-8 weeks and then I can maintain. Its called will power. I'm going to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Peace <3




Just an inspirational photo of me....3 weeks and five pounds ago ;)
Love y'all <3

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Kick the shit outta the rest of that weight. I'm in the same boat. No competitive figure skating until I weigh 150lbs. That's it. No excuses.

    Water aerobics are great for injuries like your shoulder. Not sure where you will find stuff like that without venturing to Concord and who wants to do that right? Unless you run there and back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as the shoulder worries me I am pretty sure it was a torn rotator cuff....which means it is supposed to take this long to heal. The doctor at urgent care seemed to think that was the case. But no insurance and the cost of an MRI to know for sure ruled out that diagnosis. My official diagnosis is strained shoulder, even though it was likely a sprain. Torn rotator cuff as a diagnosis is what is cementing in my head as more time passes and it still hurts. I can jog but I can't sleep on my right side :(
    Nothing really beats running for calorie burn so I am good for now!!

    ReplyDelete